St. Francis often conducts collections of items needed by various organizations we support.
Below you will find information on the current opportunity to help others in need.
Food Drive for SHARE
Every summer St. Francis Church holds a food drive for SHARE of McLean. SHARE is an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff, no office, and no paid fundraisers. Since 1969, SHARE has been providing emergency and supportive services to people in need in our area. Last year SHARE provided services to about 1,500 families including 4,000 household members, most of whom were children. SHARE's food pantry (in space donated by McLean Baptist Church) is particularly low in supplies during the summer months.
Our summer food drive helps SHARE restock its depleted shelves. The following are SHARE's most needed items:
• Canola Oil or Other Vegetable Oil (48 oz)
• Canned Fruit (15 – 20 oz)
• Applesauce (24 oz)
• Toilet Paper (>250sheets/roll)
• Laundry Detergent (32 – 50 oz)
• Canned (15 oz) or Dried Beans
• Canned Veggies (15 oz)
• Bagged White Rice (2 lb)
• Pasta Sauce in Plastic Jars or Cans
• Canned Meat (Tuna, Chicken, etc.)
• Peanut Butter in Plastic Jars (16 – 20 oz)
• Canned Soup
• Granola Bars or Other Snacks
• Shampoo (12.5 oz)
• Sanitary Pads (14 – 16 ct)
• Toothbrushes (singles/doubles)
• Diapers (especially sizes 4, 5, and 6)
• Baby Wipes (unscented)
Please put your donations in the bins across from Millen Hall, and please make sure the food has not expired. Monetary donations are also welcome. Please write "Food Drive" on the memo line and put your check In the Sunday plate or send/give it to the church office. For questions, please contact Leslie Siegmund firstname.lastname@example.org